Certificate In Local Government Revenue Administration
AIM: To build the capacity of local government officials and those wishing to join the public service. The programme provides foundational learning in the functional areas of local government and development management.
OBJECTIVE: Upon successful completion of the programme, the student should be able to:
- Explain the distinctiveness of local government as part of the public sector in development and service delivery.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the concept of governance within a prescribed statutory and legal framework.
- Understand the influence of the environment on local government and differentiate between the influences of the various role players in this regard.
- Apply ethical practices in management and decision making in local government.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the components of the external environment and its impact on local government.
- Understand the process of managing finances and budgets in local governments.
- Apply managerial skills in managing a local government workforce optimally.
- Apply project management skills in managing local government.
TARGET AUDIENCE: Local Government Administrators, Councilors, Senior Manager in Local Government, Researchers and Policy Analysts, etc.
Dr. Olateju Somorin – Teju Tax Series
Adamolekun, L. et al (eds.) (1988) Local Government in West Africa since Independence Lagos: University of Lagos Press.
Ajayi, Kunle (ed.) (2000) Theory and Practice of Local Government, Ado-Ekiti: University of Ado-Ekiti.
Anifowose, Remi and Enemuo Francis (eds.) (1999) Elements of Politics Lagos Malthouse Press.
Blair, G.S. (1997) Government at the Grassroots L.A. California: Palisade Publishers.
Olatubosun, D (1975). Nigeria’s Neglected Rural Majority. London: Oxford University Press
Omotoso, ‘Femi, (ed.). (2001). Contemporary Issues in Public Administration. Lagos: Bolabay Publications
- Lectures 9
- Quizzes 0
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 3
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes